When the little ones are ready to use the toilet, you can use this method to reduce the smell. (and the kids may find it interesting when you use it.)
You will simply need:
- Clean (small) spray bottle
- 20 – 30 drops of food colouring (blue or green is best)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable glycerin
- 2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol
- 40 drops essential oils (make any scent that you want)
- 1/2 cup water
Mix all liquid ingredients together in the spray bottle (you might find it easier to use a funnel to get this done).
Shake the bottle well right before you use it (remember, you have to mix the oil with the water). Spritz product about 10 times on top of the toilet bowl water The intended end product creates an oily, scented barrier that floats atop your toilet bowl water (the food colouring will help you identify if the product has full coverage), which will trap your deposit underneath, including all unpleasant odours. Then, just flush and move on; no one’s going to know what happened in there.